Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fourth Day Teaching

08.09.2009
Today I did another music lesson. This time I did a different chant. I took the son g Mary had a Little Lamb and changed the lyrics to make it about food. For example:




Mary had a little apple, little apple, little apple,
Mary had a little apple its skin was red and crunchy
And everywhere that Mary went, Mary went, Mary went
And everywhere that Mary went she had a little munchy.



As an introduction I played the tune of Mary had a Little Lamb on my violin which really engaged the students. I then taught them the chant through imitation and allowed them to yet again explore dynamics. I then handed out a worksheet to reinforce the idea of healthy eating.


At the end of the day my teacher got me to monitor the structured play session. This lesson was different because it was a mixture of Kindergarten and Year One students. I gave the Year one’s name tags in order to remember their names and make sure the lesson went as smoothly as possible.
The activities I choose were building blocks, sand pit, shopping, lego and the car mat
.

No comments:

Post a Comment