Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Day Teaching

02.09.2009
For the first day of prac I was required to do a Music lesson. I personally enjoy music a lot so I was very excited to undertake this lesson with the class. The general idea of the lesson was that I, as the teacher, would introduce the students to a chant through the use of imitation. The topic the students were doing was Healthy Choices so I chose a chant based on food, namely Hot Cross Buns. I got the students to experiment with dynamics once they had become familiar with the chant. Lastly I gave them a worksheet to complete. There were some classroom management issues such as talking while teacher is talking, calling out, and getting out of seat without permission. In regards to students they seemed to be actively engaged in the activity and complete the worksheet satisfactory. As a teacher I could’ve praised students that were working well a lot more, and remember to stop and wait for full attention. I did, however, speak clearly and had excellent volume in my voice. My teacher was also pleased with the way that I used ‘partner work.’ In terms of structure the transitions could have been better prepared, however it was well structured in terms of where they were going and what they were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment